"Pray without ceasing." This is the foundation of our life at First United Methodist Church.
You are welcome to submit your prayer requests. By simply asking, your needs will be uplifted in prayer by members of First United Methodist Church. Make your needs known in the way your most comfortable:
- Write a note on the Prayer Request Card located in the pews or by asking an Usher.
- Call the church office (515-244-6209) or any member of the church
- Email the church ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), one of the pastors, or a member of the church
- Talk to someone at the church before or after worship
You are invited to be a part of our prayer ministry. Specific prayer opportunities include:
- Prayer Request Cards - located in the pews. This card can be filled out during the worship service and placed in the offering plate or in one of the Prayer Request boxes near the exits of the sanctuary.
- Prayer-chain Intercessory Prayer Ministry - if you have a request or wish to join the prayer chain telephone callers, call the church office, 244-6209
- E-mail prayer requests - if you prefer, send your request to email@example.com and it will be forwarded to the prayer-chain intercessory prayer ministry.
- Prayer Shawls
- Prayer shawls are lovingly knitted and crocheted by members of the congregation. The shawls are blessed during a worship service. Then they are delivered to persons in need of the congregation’s prayers.
- This group meets monthly to discuss the ministry and pray for those who will receive the shawls. They also teach beginners!
The Upper Room daily devotional guide is available at the Information Center.
"Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive." - Matthew 21:22